psychick: (I cannot be having with this)
[personal profile] psychick
Been playing around with insanejournal. Thus far I have learned that CSS overrides for LJ styles do not work very well in IJ, even when you're careful and go through and change the lj-specific codes. This is frustrating.

I don't know guys. I just don't know. I like it here.

Date: 2007-07-25 05:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gabriel-grey.livejournal.com
Eh, IJ. Didn't like it. But that's just me, I guess. :p

I'm leaning more towards GJ... but it makes no difference where I'm leaning if the majority of people I play with are over here.

Date: 2007-07-25 06:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] goldenwing6560.livejournal.com
This sucks, everybody keeps threatening to move and I'm still feeling hesitant about the whole thing. :/

Date: 2007-07-25 07:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gabriel-grey.livejournal.com
I'm not threatening a thing. In reality, I'll likely not be going anywhere. The core of the people I rp with are sticking around, and that's the most important thing to me, at this point. :)

Date: 2007-07-25 07:50 pm (UTC)
kintotech: (Thundercats HO!)
From: [personal profile] kintotech
I'm not going anywhere either, unless the whole lot packs up and moves too. It's just... nng. It feels awkward, and as I said in my post in this journal, it's awkward as hell to have to step around and RP around.

Date: 2007-07-25 07:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mrseysidescousr.livejournal.com
Hard to RP around people wanting to move? I can understand that. On the other hand, a lot of people I've been RPing with for the past couple of years are finding new things to do and be interested in, and I guess it's just... I don't know.

I think I'm just depressed about time moving on and other things, is all. :|

Date: 2007-07-25 09:36 pm (UTC)
balance_keeper: (Dark Energy)
From: [personal profile] balance_keeper
And hard to RP around the fact that some HAVE moved, as well. Simon and Ellie were friends of Isis and now, as far as she knows, they've simply mysteriously vanished.

I mean, as stated yesterday, I can get away with "not mentioning" it, but that makes things difficult if certain key folks actually do end up moving before I do

Date: 2007-07-25 09:41 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] vorkosigan.livejournal.com
Yeah... Gabe was going to do some therapy sessions with Simon, and they just up and disappeared. I had no idea where they'd gone until just recently when this whole IJ/GJ thing came up.

I feel so out of the loop sometimes.

Date: 2007-07-25 06:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] skylanth.livejournal.com
Yeah but...I dun wanna move! I'm nice and settled in here, and there isn't all /that/ much downtime...

Date: 2007-07-25 07:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gabriel-grey.livejournal.com
It isn't the downtime, it's... I like the amount of icons and the fact that it's completely free. Yeah, I know I don't have to buy a paid account, but I like the perks that come with it. GJ has those perks and is absolutely free.

The only thing that keeps me here is the single most important part of the whole experience: my friends. And I don't mind at all. The LJ/GJ debate has been there for years, for me, and I still stay here. So! Unless everyone just picks up and migrates, I'm not going anywhere.

Date: 2007-07-25 08:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] skylanth.livejournal.com
Yeah, you and your icons. :P But I love them!

Date: 2007-07-25 08:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] vorkosigan.livejournal.com
They're teeny tiny little works of art! I've always been a visual person, even if my visuals have sucked as of late.

Date: 2007-07-25 08:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] slytherin-spy.livejournal.com
I hart my icons, as you well know. Even with a paid account, you don't get that many unless you buy the add-on, as well.

Then again, it's easier to customize the layouts at LJ than anywhere else, which pleases me endlessly.

If anything, I'm glad LJ is seeing some serious competition, and repurcussions for bad behavior.

Date: 2007-07-25 08:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] vorkosigan.livejournal.com
Now see? THAT is what I want to see. I want to see LJ improve, instead of having their parent company (sixapart) create other places for them to focus on (vox.com anyone?) and ignore LJ. It's ridiculous, really. A large part of us have been here for years, and all we get for free are six icons and some layouts?

Maybe it's me, but damnit this is why people are leaving, have been leaving for a while now.

In the end, LJ has me because I'm, in essence, a lazy person and hate to move everything over. BUT. If my friends were to, well... I'm also a herd animal I suppose. I'd follow. But I'd likely leave my non-RPing account here.

Date: 2007-07-25 09:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aristoboule.livejournal.com
You have more ability to modify the layout at IJ with a permanent account I believe... and Ardath figured out a way to recreate the three-column layout over there.

Date: 2007-07-26 10:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fidchell.livejournal.com
Personally, I'm not moving for a simple reason. This situation reflects the time when people were moving to GreatestJournal at the time of its conception, which means that most people will be simply too lazy to move to another community.

It'll boil down and return to normalcy soon enough, I'm sure.

Profile

psychick: (Default)
psychick

January 2012

S M T W T F S
1234567
89 1011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 19th, 2026 03:41 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios